EX-LAX ULTRA OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Bisacodyl 5mg; per tab.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for EX-LAX ULTRA:
Swallow whole. 1–3 tabs in a single dose once daily; max duration 1 week. Results usually within 6–12hrs.
<6yrs: individualize. 6–12yrs: 1 tab once daily; max duration 1 week. Results usually within 6–12hrs.
Discontinue if rectal bleeding or no bowel movement occurs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Do not take within 1 hour of antacids or milk. Separate other drugs by at least 2 hours.
Abdominal discomfort, faintness, cramps.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses