Generic Name and Formulations:
Clindamycin (as phosphate) 1%; foam; contains alcohol.
Indications for EVOCLIN:
Wash and dry skin. Apply once daily. Dispense an amount that will cover the affected area(s) into cap or other cool surface. Pick up a small amount of foam with fingertips and massage into affected area(s) until foam disappears.
History of regional enteritis, ulcerative or antibiotic-associated colitis (including pseudomembranous colitis).
Atopic patients. Discontinue if significant diarrhea, irritation, or dermatitis occurs. Avoid contact with eyes, mouth, lips, other mucous membranes or broken skin. Discontinue if no improvement after 6–8 weeks or if condition worsens. Product is flammable. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate neuromuscular blockers. Cross-resistance may occur with erythromycin. Prolonged and/or worsened severe colitis with antiperistaltic agents (eg, opiates, diphenoxylate with atropine).
Application site reactions (eg, burning, pruritus, dryness), headache, irritation, gram (–) folliculitis, abdominal pain, Gl disturbances; rare: diarrhea, pseudomembranous colitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders