Etodolac ext-rel Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Etodolac 400mg, 500mg, 600mg; ext rel tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Etodolac ext-rel Tablets:
Osteoarthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis.
400mg–1g once daily; max 1.2g/day.
Aspirin allergy. Late pregnancy. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
Discontinue if signs/symptoms of liver disease develop. History of upper GI disease. Asthma. Renal or hepatic impairment. Advanced kidney disease: not recommended. Heart failure. Hypertension. Edema. Bleeding disorders. Monitor blood, hepatic, renal, and ocular function in chronic use. Dehydrated. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antacids reduce serum levels. Avoid salicylates, phenylbutazone. Monitor anticoagulants, cyclosporine, lithium, digoxin, methotrexate. Renal toxicity may be potentiated with diuretics. May antagonize ACE inhibitors.
NSAID (pyranocarboxylic acid deriv.).
Dyspepsia, GI upset, edema, asthenia/malaise, dizziness, dysuria, urinary frequency, depression, nervousness, renal or hepatic toxicity, rash (discontinue if occurs), pruritus, chills/fever, GI bleed, peptic ulcer. See literature re: risk of cardiovascular events.
Formerly known under the brand names Lodine (caps, tabs); Lodine XL (ext-rel tabs).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders