Etodolac ext-rel Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Etodolac 400mg, 500mg, 600mg; ext rel tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Etodolac ext-rel Tablets:
Osteoarthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis.
400mg–1g once daily; max 1.2g/day.
Aspirin allergy. Late pregnancy. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
Discontinue if signs/symptoms of liver disease develop. History of upper GI disease. Asthma. Renal or hepatic impairment. Advanced kidney disease: not recommended. Heart failure. Hypertension. Edema. Bleeding disorders. Monitor blood, hepatic, renal, and ocular function in chronic use. Dehydrated. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antacids reduce serum levels. Avoid salicylates, phenylbutazone. Monitor anticoagulants, cyclosporine, lithium, digoxin, methotrexate. Renal toxicity may be potentiated with diuretics. May antagonize ACE inhibitors.
NSAID (pyranocarboxylic acid deriv.).
Dyspepsia, GI upset, edema, asthenia/malaise, dizziness, dysuria, urinary frequency, depression, nervousness, renal or hepatic toxicity, rash (discontinue if occurs), pruritus, chills/fever, GI bleed, peptic ulcer. See literature re: risk of cardiovascular events.
Formerly known under the brand names Lodine (caps, tabs); Lodine XL (ext-rel tabs).
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder