Generic Name and Formulations:
Estradiol 0.75mg/1.25g; gel; contains alcohol.
Indications for ESTROGEL:
Moderate to severe vasomotor symptoms of menopause. Vulvar and vaginal atrophy.
Prime pump before 1st use. Apply 1 pump (1.25g) daily to clean, dry, intact skin over one arm; allow to dry for 5 minutes.
Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding. Known, suspected or history of breast cancer. Known or suspected estrogen-dependent neoplasia. Active DVT, PE, or a history of these conditions. Active arterial thromboembolic disease (eg, stroke, MI), or a history of these conditions. Known liver impairment or disease. Known protein C, protein S, or antithrombin deficiency, or other known thrombophilic disorders. Known or suspected pregnancy (Cat.X).
Family history of breast cancer. Coronary artery or cerebrovascular disease. Hepatic dysfunction. Conditions aggravated by fluid retention. Endometriosis. Gallbladder disease. Bone disease associated with hypercalcemia. Do initial complete physical and repeat annually (include BP, mammogram, and PAP smear). Discontinue if hypercalcemia or jaundice occurs. Hypertriglyceridemia. Hypothyroidism. Hypoparathyroidism. Hereditary angioedema. Asthma. Diabetes. Epilepsy. Migraine. Porphyria. SLE. Hepatic hemangioma. Product is flammable. Nursing mothers.
Plasma levels reduced by CYP3A4 inducers. Potentiated by CYP3A4 inhibitors.
See literature. Increased risk of endometrial cancer or hyperplasia, thromboembolic disorders, gallbladder disease. Headache, rash, pruritus, fluid retention, mastodynia, metrorrhagia.
Metered-dose pump (25g, 50g, 93g)—1
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Maternal Glucocorticoid Exposure Not Associated With ADHD in Offspring
- Ketamine Not Associated With PTSD Development in Military Trauma Setting
- Content, Quality Issues for Both Paper-Based and Electronic Health Records