Generic Name and Formulations:
Erythromycin (as base) 250mg; e-c pellets in caps.
Warner Chilcott Laboratories
Indications for ERYC:
Susceptible infections including upper and lower respiratory, skin and soft tissue, genitourinary, Legionnaires' disease, pertussis, listeriosis.
250mg every 6 hours 1 hour before meals; max 4g daily. Legionnaires: 1–4g/day in divided doses.
Mild-to-moderate infections: 30–50mg/kg/day in divided doses 1 hour before meals; may double dose in severe infections.
Concomitant cisapride, pimozide, ergotamine, dihydroergotamine.
Hepatic dysfunction. Proarrhythmic conditions (eg, uncorrected hypokalemia or hypomagnesemia, clinically significant bradycardia); QT prolongation may occur, avoid. Myasthenia gravis. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. May potentiate or be potentiated by drugs metabolized by CYP3A (eg, carbamazepine, cyclosporine, tacrolimus, alfentanil, disopyramide, bromocriptine, rifabutin, quinidine, methylprednisolone, cilostazol, vinblastine). May potentiate or be potentiated by hexobarbital, phenytoin, valproate. May potentiate triazolam, midazolam, digoxin, theophylline, statins (rhabdomyolysis), sildenafil (reduce dose of sildenafil), colchicine (reduce starting dose of colchicine, max dose should be lowered; monitor). Hypotension, bradyarrhythmias, lactic acidosis with verapamil. Hypotension with calcium channel blockers metabolized by CYP3A4 (eg, verapamil, amlodipine, diltiazem). Increased anticoagulant effects with oral anticoagulants. QT prolongation with concomitant Class 1A (quinidine, procainamide) or Class III (dofetilide, amiodarone, sotalol) antiarrhythmics. May interfere with fluorometric detection of urinary catecholamines.
GI upset, abdominal pain, anorexia, hepatic dysfunction; QT prolongation.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Sleep Apnea Implant Device Receives FDA Approval
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Maternal Glucocorticoid Exposure Not Associated With ADHD in Offspring
- Ketamine Not Associated With PTSD Development in Military Trauma Setting
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease