Generic Name and Formulations:
Asparaginase Erwinia chrysanthemi 10,000 IU; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IM or IV inj after reconstitution.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc
Indications for ERWINAZE:
As a component of a multi-agent chemotherapeutic regimen for the treatment of patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) who have developed hypersensitivity to E. coli-derived asparaginase.
Adults and Children:
Give by IM inj (max 2mL/inj site) or IV (infuse over 1hr). To substitute for a pegaspargase dose: 25,000 IU/m2 three times weekly (M/W/F) for 6 doses for each planned pegaspargase dose. To substitute for a native E. coli asparaginase dose: 25,000 IU/m2 for each scheduled native E. coli asparaginase dose within a treatment. When IV use: consider monitoring nadir serum asparaginase activity (NSAA) levels; switch to IM inj if levels are inadequate.
History of serious pancreatitis, thrombosis, hemorrhagic events with prior L-asparaginase therapy.
Have resuscitation equipment available and other agents necessary to treat anaphylaxis. Discontinue if serious hypersensitivity reactions occur. Monitor for pancreatitis; discontinue if severe or hemorrhagic pancreatitis manifested by abdominal pain >72hrs and amylase elevation ≥2XULN occurs. Withhold therapy if mild pancreatitis; may resume after resolution. Monitor glucose levels at baseline and during therapy. Discontinue if thrombotic or hemorrhagic event occurs; may resume after resolution. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Systemic hypersensitivity, hyperglycemia, abnormal transaminases, fever, pancreatitis, local reactions, vomiting, nausea, thrombosis, hyperbilirubinemia, abdominal pain/discomfort, diarrhea.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Sleep Apnea Implant Device Receives FDA Approval
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Maternal Glucocorticoid Exposure Not Associated With ADHD in Offspring
- Ketamine Not Associated With PTSD Development in Military Trauma Setting
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease