Generic Name and Formulations:
Vismodegib 150mg; caps.
Indications for ERIVEDGE:
Treatment of adults with metastatic basal cell carcinoma, or locally advanced basal cell carcinoma that has recurred following surgery or who are not candidates for surgery, and who are not candidates for radiation.
Swallow whole. 150mg once daily, until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Risk of embryo-fetal death and severe birth defects in pregnant women. Verify pregnancy status within 7 days prior to initiation of therapy. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during therapy and for 24 months after final dose; male patients should use condoms (even after a vasectomy) during and for 3 months after final dose. Advise patients not to donate blood or blood products during therapy and for 24 months after final dose. Advise male patients not to donate semen during and for 3 months after final dose. Premature fusion of the epiphyses may occur in pediatrics if exposed. Pregnancy: avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 24 months after final dose).
Hedgehog pathway inhibitor.
Muscle spasms, alopecia, dysgeusia, weight loss, fatigue, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, decreased appetite, constipation, arthralgias, ageusia; amenorrhea.
Report immediately exposure to Erivedge during pregnancy by contacting the Genentech Adverse Event Line at (888) 835-2555.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- Ketamine in Electroconvulsive Therapy Accelerates Antidepressive Effects
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children