Generic Name and Formulations:
Eprosartan (as mesylate) 400mg, 600mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Eprosartan:
Monotherapy: not volume depleted: initially 600mg once daily. Usual range: 400–800mg/day given as a single dose or in two divided doses. Moderate-to-severe renal impairment: max 600mg daily.
Concomitant aliskiren in patients with diabetes.
Fetal toxicity may develop; discontinue if pregnancy is detected. Correct salt/volume depletion before beginning therapy or monitor closely. Monitor BP, renal function, electrolytes. Renal artery stenosis. Severe CHF. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.D); monitor. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Dual inhibition of the renin-angiotensin system with ARBs, ACEIs, or aliskiren may increase risk of hypotension, hyperkalemia, renal function changes; avoid. Avoid concomitant aliskiren in renal impairment (CrCl <60mL/min). May be antagonized by, and renal toxicity potentiated by NSAIDs, including COX-2 inhibitors; monitor renal function periodically in elderly and/or volume-depleted. May increase lithium levels; monitor.
Angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB).
Viral infection, injury, fatigue, abdominal pain, hypertriglyceridemia, arthralgia, depression, urinary tract or upper respiratory tract infection, rhinitis, pharyngitis, coughing, hypotension, rhabdomyolysis (rare).
Formerly known under the brand name Teveten.
Hepatic. 98% protein bound.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?