EPIDUO FORTE GEL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Adapalene 0.3%, benzoyl peroxide 2.5%; gel.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for EPIDUO FORTE GEL:
Treatment of acne vulgaris.
Apply thin film to affected areas of face and/or trunk once daily after washing. Use a pea-sized amount for each area of the face (eg, forehead, chin, cheek). Reduce frequency or discontinue if prolonged or severe irritation occurs.
Do not use on cuts, abrasions, eczematous or sunburned skin. Avoid eyes, lips, mucous membranes, sun, UV light. Increased irritation in extreme weather. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Caution with other topical acne therapy (eg, peeling, desquamating, or abrasive agents). Avoid using concomitant topical irritants and waxing treated areas.
Retinoid + antibacterial/keratolytic.
Dry skin, contact dermatitis, skin irritation, eczema; local reactions (eg, erythema, scaling, dryness, burning, stinging), may bleach fabrics or hair.
Adapalene: biliary. Benzoyl peroxide: renal.
Gel—45g (tube or pump); Forte Gel—15g, 30g, 45g, 60g, 70g pump
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders