Generic Name and Formulations:
Purified water, MultiSal Neolipids*, glyceryl stearate, squalane, glycerin, PEG-100 stearate, hydroxypropyl bispalmitamide MEA (ceramide), petrolatum, dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, cholesterol, conjugated linoleic acid, citric acid, palmitic acid, xanthan gum, potassium hydroxide, disodium EDTA, sorbic acid, capric acid; controlled-release skin barrier emulsion; steroid-, fragrance-free. *Proprietary microencapsulation system for gradual delivery of key ingredients including ceramide, conjugated linoleic acid,cholesterol and palmitic acid (formulated with E.Cerifera [Candelilla] wax, corn syrup solids and modified food starch).
Indications for EPICERAM:
To treat dry skin conditions and to manage and relieve burning and itching associated with various types of dermatoses, including atopic dermatitis, irritant contact dermatitis, and radiation dermatitis.
Adults and Children:
Apply thin layer to affected areas 2 times per day (or as needed). Massage gently into skin. If skin is broken, cover with dressing. Apply following radiation therapy.
Reevaluate if no improvement within 10–14 days. Use in conjunction with sunscreen in sun exposed areas.
Do not apply within 4hrs prior to radiation therapy.
Tingling sensation at application site.
Emulsion—90g (tube); 100g, 225g (airless pump); 400g (Quad Pack: 4×100g airless pumps)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses