Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadoxetate disodium 181.43mg/mL (0.25mol/L); soln for IV inj.
Indications for EOVIST:
For IV use in T1-weighted magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the liver to detect and characterize lesions in adults with known or suspected focal liver disease.
Give as IV bolus inj at a rate of 2mL/sec; flush with saline after inj. 0.1mL/kg (0.025mmol/kg). See full labeling re: imaging guidelines.
Chronic, severe kidney disease (GFR<30mL/min/1.73m2), acute kidney injury: increased risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis; avoid unless necessary, allow sufficient period of time for elimination prior to re-administration. Screen for acute kidney injury and other conditions that reduce renal function (eg, >60yrs, hypertension, diabetes). Severe renal or hepatic failure. Elevated bilirubin (>3mg/dL) or ferritin may reduce hepatic contrast effect; perform MRI no later than 60 mins following administration. History of asthma/allergic disorders. Anaphylactoid reaction possible (may be fatal); have emergency resuscitative equipment available. Avoid extravasation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Serum iron using complexometric methods may result in falsely high or low values for up to 24hrs.
Gadolinium-based contrast agent.
Headache, dizziness, dysgeusia, parosmia, increased blood pressure, flushing, respiratory disorders, vomiting, nausea, rash, pruritus, inj site reactions, feeling hot.
Single-dose vials (10mL, 15mL)—5
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Sleep Apnea Implant Device Receives FDA Approval
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy