ENTEX LQ OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Guaifenesin 100mg, phenylephrine HCl 10mg; per 5mL; liq; strawberry flavor; alcohol- and sugar-free.
Indications for ENTEX LQ:
Nasal, sinus and chest congestion. Cough.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. 2 to <6yrs: 1.25mL. 6 to <12yrs: 2.5mL. ≥12yrs: 5mL. Repeat every 4hrs as needed; max 6 doses/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Asthma. GI or GU obstruction. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Expectorant + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- Ketamine in Electroconvulsive Therapy Accelerates Antidepressive Effects
- Adverse Events Caused by Once-Monthly Aripiprazole Are Time Limited
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses