Generic Name and Formulations:
Serum-derived bovine immunoglobulin/protein isolate (SBI) 5g, dextrose 5g, sunflower lecithin (trace amounts); pwd; per packet; lactose-, gluten-, dye-, and soy-free.
Entera Health, Inc.
Indications for ENTERAGAM:
Clinical dietary management in patients with: limited or impaired capacity to ingest, digest, absorb, or metabolize ordinary foodstuffs or certain nutrients, or specific intestinal disorders (eg, irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea [IBS-D], inflammatory bowel disease [IBD], and HIV-associated enteropathy).
Dissolve packet contents in at least 4oz (120mL) of water or other liquids; stir until fully mixed (do not shake); or, may be mixed in foods (eg, pudding, yogurt); consume dose immediately after mixing. Initially 1 packet twice daily for 2–4 weeks; may increase up to 4 packets daily. Maintenance: at least 1 packet daily.
<2yrs: see full labeling. ≥2yrs: Initially ½ packet daily; may increase dose based on response and tolerance.
Must use under physician supervision. Pregnancy, labor & delivery, nursing mothers: see full labeling.
Mild nausea, constipation, stomach cramps, headache, increased urination.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder