Generic Name and Formulations:
Serum-derived bovine immunoglobulin/protein isolate (SBI) 5g, dextrose 5g, sunflower lecithin (trace amounts); pwd; per packet; lactose-, gluten-, dye-, and soy-free.
Entera Health, Inc.
Indications for ENTERAGAM:
Clinical dietary management in patients with: limited or impaired capacity to ingest, digest, absorb, or metabolize ordinary foodstuffs or certain nutrients, or specific intestinal disorders (eg, irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea [IBS-D], inflammatory bowel disease [IBD], and HIV-associated enteropathy).
Dissolve packet contents in at least 4oz (120mL) of water or other liquids; stir until fully mixed (do not shake); or, may be mixed in foods (eg, pudding, yogurt); consume dose immediately after mixing. Initially 1 packet twice daily for 2–4 weeks; may increase up to 4 packets daily. Maintenance: at least 1 packet daily.
<2yrs: see full labeling. ≥2yrs: Initially ½ packet daily; may increase dose based on response and tolerance.
Must use under physician supervision. Pregnancy, labor & delivery, nursing mothers: see full labeling.
Mild nausea, constipation, stomach cramps, headache, increased urination.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age