ENGERIX-B ADULT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hepatitis B vaccine (recombinant) 20mcg/mL; aluminum hydroxide adsorbed; IM inj; preservative-free; contains thimerosal (trace).
Indications for ENGERIX-B ADULT:
Hepatitis B immunization.
Give IM in deltoid muscle. 11–19yrs: 10mcg at elected date and repeat 1 and 6 months later, or 20mcg at elected date and repeat 1, 2, and 12 months later, or 20mcg at elected date and repeat 1 and 6 months later. >19yrs: 20mcg at elected date and repeat 1 and 6 months later, or 20mcg at elected date and repeat 1, 2, and 12 months later. Hemodialysis: 40mcg at elected date and repeat 1, 2, and 6 months later. High-risk: consider hepatitis B immune globulin also. Booster dose: when appropriate, may use 20mcg for persons 11yrs of age and older; hemodialysis patients booster dose is 40mcg.
Give IM in anterolateral thigh or deltoid; see literature. Infants (mothers are HBsAG negative): 10mcg at birth and repeat 1 and 6 months later; infants (mothers are HBsAG positive) and children through age 10yrs: 10mcg at elected date and repeat 1 and 6 months later, or 10mcg at elected date and repeat 1, 2, and 12 months later. High risk: consider hepatitis B immune globulin also. Booster doses: when appropriate, may use 10mcg for children age 10yrs or younger, or 20mcg for ages 11yrs and older.
May defer in acute febrile illness or active infection. May be given SC only if risk of hemorrhage. Have epinephrine inj available. Multiple sclerosis. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Local reactions, malaise, nausea, diarrhea, rash. Anaphylaxis.
Pediatric/Adolescent (single-dose prefilled Tip-Lok syringe)—5 (without needles); Pediatric/Adolescent (single-dose vials)—1, 10; Adult (single-dose prefilled Tip-Lok syringe)—5 (without needles); Adult (single-dose vials)—1, 10, 25
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders