ENGERIX-B ADULT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hepatitis B vaccine (recombinant) 20mcg/mL; aluminum hydroxide adsorbed; IM inj; preservative-free; contains thimerosal (trace).
Indications for ENGERIX-B ADULT:
Hepatitis B immunization.
Give IM in deltoid muscle. 11–19yrs: 10mcg at elected date and repeat 1 and 6 months later, or 20mcg at elected date and repeat 1, 2, and 12 months later, or 20mcg at elected date and repeat 1 and 6 months later. >19yrs: 20mcg at elected date and repeat 1 and 6 months later, or 20mcg at elected date and repeat 1, 2, and 12 months later. Hemodialysis: 40mcg at elected date and repeat 1, 2, and 6 months later. High-risk: consider hepatitis B immune globulin also. Booster dose: when appropriate, may use 20mcg for persons 11yrs of age and older; hemodialysis patients booster dose is 40mcg.
Give IM in anterolateral thigh or deltoid; see literature. Infants (mothers are HBsAG negative): 10mcg at birth and repeat 1 and 6 months later; infants (mothers are HBsAG positive) and children through age 10yrs: 10mcg at elected date and repeat 1 and 6 months later, or 10mcg at elected date and repeat 1, 2, and 12 months later. High risk: consider hepatitis B immune globulin also. Booster doses: when appropriate, may use 10mcg for children age 10yrs or younger, or 20mcg for ages 11yrs and older.
May defer in acute febrile illness or active infection. May be given SC only if risk of hemorrhage. Have epinephrine inj available. Multiple sclerosis. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Local reactions, malaise, nausea, diarrhea, rash. Anaphylaxis.
Pediatric/Adolescent (single-dose prefilled Tip-Lok syringe)—5 (without needles)
Pediatric/Adolescent (single-dose vials)—1, 10
Adult (single-dose prefilled Tip-Lok syringe)—5 (without needles)
Adult (single-dose vials)—1, 10, 25
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?