Generic Name and Formulations:
Mebendazole 100mg; chew tabs.
Impax Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for EMVERM:
Enterobiasis (pinworm). Trichuriasis (whipworm). Ascariasis (common roundworm). Uncinariasis (common or American hookworm).
Adults and Children:
Chew, swallow or crush and mix with food. Enterobiasis: 100mg as a single dose. Other parasites: 100mg AM and PM for 3 consecutive days. May repeat after 3 weeks.
Periodically assess organ system functions including hematopoietic and hepatic during prolonged therapy. Children <2 years. Pregnancy (Cat.C): not recommended (esp. during 1st trimester). Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by cimetidine.
Abdominal pain, diarrhea; rare: hypersensitivity reactions, convulsions, neutropenia, agranulocytosis, hepatitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Associated With Depression in Young Adults
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Smartphone-Based Psychoeducational Programs May Be Effective for Bipolar Disorder Management