Generic Name and Formulations:
Elotuzumab 300mg, 400mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for EMPLICITI:
In combination with lenalidomide and dexamethasone, for the treatment of patients with multiple myeloma who have received 1–3 prior therapies.
Give by IV infusion at initial rate of 0.5mL/min; may increase stepwise if no reactions develop; max rate 2mL/min (see full labeling). After 4 cycles, infusion rate may be increased up to max 5mL/min. Administer with lenalidomide and dexamethasone (see full labeling for dosing schedule). 10mg/kg every week for the first 2 cycles then every 2 weeks thereafter; continue until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Premedicate with dexamethasone, H1 blocker, H2 blocker, and acetaminophen before each infusion. Dose modifications: see full labeling.
Consult lenalidomide and dexamethasone prescribing information for contraindications before starting therapy.
Interrupt infusion if Grade ≥2 infusion reactions occur and manage appropriately. Monitor for development of infections and treat promptly. Monitor for second primary malignancies. Monitor liver function periodically; discontinue if Grade ≥3 elevation of liver enzymes occur; consider resuming after return to baseline values. Pregnancy: not studied. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May interfere with correct response classification in SPEP and serum immunofixation assays.
SLAMF7-directed immunostimulatory antibody.
Fatigue, diarrhea, pyrexia, constipation, cough, peripheral neuropathy, nasopharyngitis, upper respiratory tract infection, decreased appetite, pneumonia.
For lenalidomide and dexamethasone specific dosing and safety information, refer to the respective full prescribing labels.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders