Generic Name and Formulations:
Elotuzumab 300mg, 400mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for EMPLICITI:
In combination with lenalidomide and dexamethasone, for the treatment of patients with multiple myeloma who have received 1–3 prior therapies.
Give by IV infusion at initial rate of 0.5mL/min; may increase stepwise if no reactions develop; max rate 2mL/min (see full labeling). After 4 cycles, infusion rate may be increased up to max 5mL/min. Administer with lenalidomide and dexamethasone (see full labeling for dosing schedule). 10mg/kg every week for the first 2 cycles then every 2 weeks thereafter; continue until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Premedicate with dexamethasone, H1 blocker, H2 blocker, and acetaminophen before each infusion. Dose modifications: see full labeling.
Consult lenalidomide and dexamethasone prescribing information for contraindications before starting therapy.
Interrupt infusion if Grade ≥2 infusion reactions occur and manage appropriately. Monitor for development of infections and treat promptly. Monitor for second primary malignancies. Monitor liver function periodically; discontinue if Grade ≥3 elevation of liver enzymes occur; consider resuming after return to baseline values. Pregnancy: not studied. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
SLAMF7-directed immunostimulatory antibody.
May interfere with correct response classification in SPEP and serum immunofixation assays.
Fatigue, diarrhea, pyrexia, constipation, cough, peripheral neuropathy, nasopharyngitis, upper respiratory tract infection, decreased appetite, pneumonia.
For lenalidomide and dexamethasone specific dosing and safety information, refer to the respective full prescribing labels.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age