Generic Name and Formulations:
Elotuzumab 300mg, 400mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for EMPLICITI:
In combination with lenalidomide and dexamethasone, for the treatment of patients with multiple myeloma who have received 1–3 prior therapies.
Give by IV infusion at initial rate of 0.5mL/min; may increase stepwise if no reactions develop; max rate 2mL/min (see full labeling). After 4 cycles, infusion rate may be increased up to max 5mL/min. Administer with lenalidomide and dexamethasone (see full labeling for dosing schedule). 10mg/kg every week for the first 2 cycles then every 2 weeks thereafter; continue until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Premedicate with dexamethasone, H1 blocker, H2 blocker, and acetaminophen before each infusion. Dose modifications: see full labeling.
Consult lenalidomide and dexamethasone prescribing information for contraindications before starting therapy.
Interrupt infusion if Grade ≥2 infusion reactions occur and manage appropriately. Monitor for development of infections and treat promptly. Monitor for second primary malignancies. Monitor liver function periodically; discontinue if Grade ≥3 elevation of liver enzymes occur; consider resuming after return to baseline values. Pregnancy: not studied. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May interfere with correct response classification in SPEP and serum immunofixation assays.
SLAMF7-directed immunostimulatory antibody.
Fatigue, diarrhea, pyrexia, constipation, cough, peripheral neuropathy, nasopharyngitis, upper respiratory tract infection, decreased appetite, pneumonia.
For lenalidomide and dexamethasone specific dosing and safety information, refer to the respective full prescribing labels.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?