Generic Name and Formulations:
Rasburicase (recombinant) 1.5mg, 7.5mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; contains mannitol.
Indications for ELITEK:
Single course treatment for initial management of plasma uric acid levels in patients with leukemia, lymphoma, and solid tumor malignancies who are receiving anti-cancer therapy expected to result in tumor lysis and subsequent elevation of plasma uric acid.
Adults and Children:
Give by IV infusion over 30 mins. 0.2mg/kg daily for 5 days. Dosing >5 days or more than one course of treatment: not recommended.
History of anaphylaxis, or development of hemolytic reactions or methemoglobinemia to rasburicase. G6PD deficiency.
Discontinue permanently if serious hypersensitivity reactions (including anaphylaxis), hemolysis, or methemoglobinemia develops. Screen high risk patients (eg, African or Mediterranean ancestry) for G6PD deficiency prior to initiation. Pregnancy (Cat.C); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Interferes with uric acid measurements in blood samples left at room temperature.
GI upset, pyrexia, peripheral edema, anxiety, headache, abdominal pain, constipation, hypophosphatemia, hyperbilirubinemia, mucositis, sepsis; anaphylaxis, hemolysis, methemoglobinemia.
Single-use vials 1.5mg—3 (w. diluent); 7.5mg—1 (w. diluent)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder