Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcium acetate 667mg (elemental calcium 169mg); tabs.
Indications for ELIPHOS:
Hyperphosphatemia in end stage renal failure.
Initially 2 tabs with each meal; may adjust dose to keep serum phosphate <6mg/dL. Usual dose: 3–4 tabs per meal.
Monitor serum calcium twice weekly during early dose adjustments, and serum phosphorus periodically. Ensure serum (Ca x P) to remain <66. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Avoid digitalis, calcium supplements, antacids. May antagonize tetracyclines.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder