Generic Name and Formulations:
Pimecrolimus 1%; crm.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for ELIDEL:
Second-line therapy: for short-term and non-continuous chronic treatment of mild-to-moderate atopic dermatitis in non-immunocompromised patients when other topical therapies are inadvisable or ineffective.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: apply to affected area(s) twice daily. Do not occlude.
Clear infections at treatment site before starting. Netherton's syndrome, generalized erythroderma, malignant or pre-malignant skin conditions: not recommended. Varicella zoster. Eczema herpeticum. Herpes simplex. Consider discontinuing if lymphadenopathy of unknown etiology or acute infectious mononucleosis occurs. Consider discontinuing until warts clear if skin papillomas worsen or are unresponsive. Avoid sun, UV light. Reevaluate if no improvement after 6 weeks. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with CYP3A inhibitors in widespread and/or erythrodermic disease.
Local reactions (eg, burning), nasopharyngitis, pyrexia, cough, headache, others; rare: malignancy (eg, skin, lymphoma).
Crm—30g, 60g, 100g
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder