Generic Name and Formulations:
Tesamorelin 2mg/vial; pwd for SC inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for EGRIFTA:
For the reduction of excess abdominal fat in HIV-infected patients with lipodystrophy.
Give by SC inj. Inject into abdomen, rotate inj sites. 2mg once daily.
Disruption of hypothalmic-pituitary axis due to hypophysectomy, hypopituitarism, pituitary tumors/surgery, head irradiation, or head trauma. Active malignancy. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Not for use in weight loss management. History of treated and stable malignancies. Discontinue in critically ill patients. Monitor IGF-1 levels closely; consider discontinuing if IGF-1 levels persistently elevated (eg, >3 SDS). Increased risk of impaired glucose tolerance or diabetes; monitor for changes in glucose metabolism. Monitor for worsening retinopathy in diabetic patients. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with concomitant drugs metabolized by CYP450 (eg, corticosteroids, sex steroids, anticonvulsants, cyclosporine). May inhibit 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1; may need to increase maintenance and stress doses of glucocorticoid if needed for replacement in hypoadrenalism.
Growth hormone releasing factor analogue.
Arthralgia, inj site erythema/pruritus, pain in extremity, peripheral edema, myalgia, carpal tunnel syndrome, glucose intolerance, hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-use vial—30 (w. diluent)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?