Generic Name and Formulations:
Azilsartan medoxomil, chlorthalidone; 40/12.5mg, 40/25mg; tabs.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for EDARBYCLOR:
Hypertension in patients not adequately controlled with monotherapy. As initial therapy in patients likely to need multiple drugs to achieve blood pressure goals.
≥18yrs: initially 40/12.5mg once daily; may increase to 40/25mg after 2–4 weeks as needed. Max: 40/25mg. Patients titrated to the individual components: may give corresponding dose of Edarbyclor. See full labeling.
<18yrs: not established.
Anuria. Concomitant aliskiren-containing products in patients with diabetes.
Fetal toxicity may develop; discontinue if pregnancy is detected. Correct salt/volume depletion before starting therapy; monitor for hypotension. Renal impairment: monitor; consider discontinuing if impairment progresses. Severe CHF. Renal artery stenosis. Severe hepatic impairment. Monitor serum electrolytes periodically. Gout. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Dual inhibition of the renin-angiotensin system with ARBs, ACEIs, or aliskiren may increase risk of hypotension, hyperkalemia, renal function changes; avoid or monitor closely. Avoid concomitant aliskiren in renal impairment (CrCl <60mL/min). May be antagonized by, and renal toxicity potentiated by NSAIDs, including selective COX-2 inhibitors; monitor renal function esp. in elderly and/or volume-depleted. May potentiate lithium; monitor. Concomitant digitalis may exacerbate hypokalemia.
Angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) + thiazide-like diuretic.
Dizziness, fatigue, hypotension, elevated serum creatinine; hypokalemia, hyponatremia, hyperuricemia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders