Generic Name and Formulations:
Azilsartan medoxomil, chlorthalidone; 40/12.5mg, 40/25mg; tabs.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for EDARBYCLOR:
Hypertension in patients not adequately controlled with monotherapy. As initial therapy in patients likely to need multiple drugs to achieve blood pressure goals.
≥18yrs: initially 40/12.5mg once daily; may increase to 40/25mg after 2–4 weeks as needed. Max: 40/25mg. Patients titrated to the individual components: may give corresponding dose of Edarbyclor. See full labeling.
<18yrs: not established.
Anuria. Concomitant aliskiren-containing products in patients with diabetes.
Fetal toxicity may develop; discontinue if pregnancy is detected. Correct salt/volume depletion before starting therapy; monitor for hypotension. Renal impairment: monitor; consider discontinuing if impairment progresses. Severe CHF. Renal artery stenosis. Severe hepatic impairment. Monitor serum electrolytes periodically. Gout. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Dual inhibition of the renin-angiotensin system with ARBs, ACEIs, or aliskiren may increase risk of hypotension, hyperkalemia, renal function changes; avoid or monitor closely. Avoid concomitant aliskiren in renal impairment (CrCl <60mL/min). May be antagonized by, and renal toxicity potentiated by NSAIDs, including selective COX-2 inhibitors; monitor renal function esp. in elderly and/or volume-depleted. May potentiate lithium; monitor. Concomitant digitalis may exacerbate hypokalemia.
Angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) + thiazide-like diuretic.
Dizziness, fatigue, hypotension, elevated serum creatinine; hypokalemia, hyponatremia, hyperuricemia.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Risk for Adverse Outcomes With Antidepressants in Dementia
- Chronic Alcohol Use Disorder Symptoms Occur Regardless of Social Status
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Buprenorphine, Methadone Combined With CNS Depressants May Lead to SAEs
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in HIV-Associated Depression
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress