Econazole Nitrate Cream Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Econazole nitrate 1%; crm.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Econazole Nitrate Cream:
Tinea pedis, t. cruris, t. corporis, t. versicolor, cutaneous candidiasis.
Adults and Children:
T. pedis, t. versicolor, t. cruris, t. corporis: apply once daily. Cutaneous candidiasis: twice daily. Continue for 4 weeks for t. pedis; others 2 weeks.
Discontinue if sensitization or excessive irritation occurs. Elderly. Pregnancy (not recommended in 1st trimester, unless essential). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates warfarin; monitor INR/PT.
Burning, itching, erythema, stinging.
Formerly known under the brand name Spectazole.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age