Generic Name and Formulations:
Azelastine HCl, fluticasone propionate 137mcg/50mcg; per 0.137mL metered nasal spray; aqueous suspension.
Indications for DYMISTA:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not established. ≥6yrs: 1 spray per nostril twice daily.
Avoid use in recent nasal ulcers, nasal surgery, or nasal trauma. Respiratory tract tuberculosis. Infections (eg, fungal, bacterial, viral, ocular herpes simplex). Avoid exposure to chickenpox and measles; if exposed, consider anti-infective prophylactic therapy. If adrenal insufficiency exists following systemic corticosteroid therapy, replacement with topical corticosteroids may exacerbate symptoms of adrenal insufficiency (eg, lassitude, depression). Monitor growth routinely in children. Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occur discontinue gradually), and Candida infection or other nasal mucosal changes. History of increased intraocular pressure, glaucoma, and/or cataracts; monitor any change in vision. Avoid eyes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid alcohol or other CNS depressants. Concomitant ritonavir: not recommended. Caution with other potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole).
Antihistamine + corticosteroid.
Dysgeusia, epistaxis, headache; somnolence, vision changes.
Pump (23g)—120 sprays
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder