Generic Name and Formulations:
Difluprednate 0.05%; oph emulsion.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for DUREZOL:
Post-op inflammation and pain associated with ocular surgery. Endogenous anterior uveitis.
Post-op inflammation/pain: 1 drop into affected eye(s) 4 times daily beginning 24hrs after surgery, continue for 2 weeks post-op, followed by 2 times daily for a week, then taper based on response. Uveitis: 1 drop into affected eye(s) 4 times daily for 14 days, followed by tapering as clinically indicated.
Ocular fungal, viral, or mycobacterial infections.
Do not administer while wearing contacts. Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. History of herpes simplex. May mask or exacerbate ocular infections. Monitor IOP and for secondary infections in prolonged therapy (>10 days). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Corneal edema, ciliary and conjunctival hyperemia, eye pain, photophobia, posterior capsule opacification, anterior chamber cells and flare, conjunctival edema, blepharitis, blurred vision, eye irritation, headache, iritis, limbal hyperemia, punctate keratitis, uveitis; cataract formation, corneal perforation. Prolonged use may increase: IOP, optic nerve damage, visual acuity and field defects. May delay healing and increase bleb formation after cataract surgery.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders