Generic Name and Formulations:
Dupilumab 300mg/2mL; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Sanofi US and Regeneron
Indications for DUPIXENT:
Moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis in adults who are not adequately controlled with topical prescription therapies or when they are not advisable.
Give by SC inj into thigh, abdomen (except around navel), or upper arm; rotate inj sites. ≥18yrs: Initially 600mg (two 300mg inj at different sites) followed by 300mg every other week. May use with or without topical corticosteroids. Topical calcineurin inhibitors may also be used, but should be reserved only for problem areas (eg, face, neck, intertriginous and genital areas).
<18yrs: not established.
Discontinue if significant hypersensitivity reaction occurs; treat appropriately. Advise patients to report new onset or worsening eye symptoms. Comorbid asthma. Helminth infections. Do not inject into tender, damaged, bruised or scarred skin. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Interleukin-4 receptor alpha antagonist.
Avoid concomitant live vaccines. Concomitant CYP450 substrates with narrow therapeutic index (eg, warfarin, cyclosporine); monitor and consider dose adjustment.
Inj site reactions, conjunctivitis, blepharitis, oral herpes, keratitis, eye pruritus, other herpes simplex virus infection, dry eye; hypersensitivity.
Single-dose prefilled syringes—2 (with or without needle shield)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children