Generic Name and Formulations:
Bisacodyl 5mg; e-c tabs.
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
Indications for DULCOLAX:
Swallow whole. 1–3 tabs daily. Results usually in 6–12 hours; reevaluate if ineffective.
Swallow whole. <6yrs: individualize. 6–11yrs: 1 tab daily. Results usually in 6–12 hours; reevaluate if ineffective.
Discontinue if rectal bleeding or no bowel movement occurs. Do not use if abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting present.
Tabs: do not take within at least 1 hour after antacids or milk.
Abdominal discomfort, faintness, cramps; also supps: rectal burning.
Tabs—25, 100, 150
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder