Generic Name and Formulations:
Quazepam 15mg; scored tabs.
Cutis Health, LLC
Indications for DORAL:
Use lowest effective dose. ≥18yrs: Initially 7.5mg at bedtime; may increase to 15mg if needed.
<18yrs: not established.
Sleep apnea. Pulmonary insufficiency.
Risks from concomitant use with opioids; see Interactions. Monitor for CNS depressant effects and daytime impairment. Evaluate for co-morbid diagnoses before initiation (eg, psychiatric or physical disorder). Reevaluate if insomnia persists after 7–10 days of use. Depression. Avoid prolonged use. Drug or alcohol abuse. Write ℞ for smallest practical amount. Avoid abrupt cessation. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Increased sedation, respiratory depression, coma, and death with concomitant opioids; reserve use in those for whom alternative treatment options are inadequate; if needed, limit dosages/durations to minimum and monitor. Concomitant other sedative/hypnotics: not recommended. Additive CNS depressant effects with alcohol or other CNS depressants (eg, other benzodiazepines, TCAs, psychotropics, anticonvulsants, antihistamines); consider dose reductions.
Drowsiness, headache, fatigue, dizziness, dry mouth, dyspepsia; CNS depression, abnormal thinking/behavior changes, complex sleep-related behaviors (eg, sleep-driving), paradoxical reactions, angioedema, anaphylaxis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling
- Nightmares in Military Personnel Frequently Comorbid With Mental Health Disorders
- Potential for SERMs as Adjunctive Therapy for Schizophrenia
- Addressing Racial Disparities in Bipolar Disorder Treatment
- Negative Symptoms Increase Cardiovascular Risk in Schizophrenia