Generic Name and Formulations:
Quazepam 15mg; scored tabs.
Cutis Health, LLC
Indications for DORAL:
Use lowest effective dose. ≥18yrs: Initially 7.5mg at bedtime; may increase to 15mg if needed.
<18yrs: not established.
Sleep apnea. Pulmonary insufficiency.
Risks from concomitant use with opioids; see Interactions. Monitor for CNS depressant effects and daytime impairment. Evaluate for co-morbid diagnoses before initiation (eg, psychiatric or physical disorder). Reevaluate if insomnia persists after 7–10 days of use. Depression. Avoid prolonged use. Drug or alcohol abuse. Write ℞ for smallest practical amount. Avoid abrupt cessation. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Increased sedation, respiratory depression, coma, and death with concomitant opioids; reserve use in those for whom alternative treatment options are inadequate; if needed, limit dosages/durations to minimum and monitor. Concomitant other sedative/hypnotics: not recommended. Additive CNS depressant effects with alcohol or other CNS depressants (eg, other benzodiazepines, TCAs, psychotropics, anticonvulsants, antihistamines); consider dose reductions.
Drowsiness, headache, fatigue, dizziness, dry mouth, dyspepsia; CNS depression, abnormal thinking/behavior changes, complex sleep-related behaviors (eg, sleep-driving), paradoxical reactions, angioedema, anaphylaxis.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- SSRI Use Associated With Increased Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Young Adults
- Improved Patient-Provider Communication Needed Following Urgent Care Visits
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments