DONNATAL TABLETS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Phenobarbital 16.2mg, hyoscyamine sulfate 0.1037mg, atropine sulfate 0.0194mg, scopolamine HBr 0.0065mg.
Concordia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Indications for DONNATAL TABLETS:
Adjunct in irritable bowel syndrome, enterocolitis, duodenal ulcer.
1–2 tabs 3–4 times daily.
Glaucoma. Porphyria. Unstable cardiovascular status. GI or GU obstruction. Paralytic ileus or intestinal atony. Toxic megacolon. Severe ulcerative colitis. Myasthenia gravis. Hiatal hernia. History of paradoxical reactions to phenobarbital.
Renal or hepatic impairment. Autonomic neuropathy. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. Drug abusers. High environmental temperature. Gastric ulcer. Diarrhea. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Barbiturate + anticholinergics.
Potentiated CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics, narcotics, type I antiarrhythmics, antihistamines, phenothiazines, tricyclics. May antagonize anticoagulants, CYP450 substrates.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, paradoxical excitement.
Tabs—100, 1000; Elixir—4oz, pt
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children