DONNATAL TABLETS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Phenobarbital 16.2mg, hyoscyamine sulfate 0.1037mg, atropine sulfate 0.0194mg, scopolamine HBr 0.0065mg.
Concordia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Indications for DONNATAL TABLETS:
Adjunct in irritable bowel syndrome, enterocolitis, duodenal ulcer.
1–2 tabs 3–4 times daily.
Glaucoma. Porphyria. Unstable cardiovascular status. GI or GU obstruction. Paralytic ileus or intestinal atony. Toxic megacolon. Severe ulcerative colitis. Myasthenia gravis. Hiatal hernia. History of paradoxical reactions to phenobarbital.
Renal or hepatic impairment. Autonomic neuropathy. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. Drug abusers. High environmental temperature. Gastric ulcer. Diarrhea. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Potentiated CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics, narcotics, type I antiarrhythmics, antihistamines, phenothiazines, tricyclics. May antagonize anticoagulants, CYP450 substrates.
Barbiturate + anticholinergics.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, paradoxical excitement.
Tabs—100, 1000; Elixir—4oz, pt
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Maternal Glucocorticoid Exposure Not Associated With ADHD in Offspring
- Ketamine Not Associated With PTSD Development in Military Trauma Setting
- Content, Quality Issues for Both Paper-Based and Electronic Health Records