Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder
Drug comparisons for mood disorders such as bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder, treatment resistant depression, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, and others.
A small benefit was observed in children treated with antidepressants who had irritability, disruptive behaviors, and aggression.
Inclusion of disruptive mood dysregulation disorder into the DSM-5 may also reduce number of children diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Naltrexone-Assisted Detox vs Buprenorphine Taper for Opioid Dependence
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention: Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- Pediatric Patients Should Undergo Electrocardiogram Assessment Before Antipsychotic Treatment
- Which Antidepressants May Cause Birth Defects?
- Best Practices for Treatment of Bipolar Disorder