Disparities In Care
Although strides have been made in bridging health-related racial and ethic gaps, disparities persist.
Mental health patients who belong to socially disadvantaged groups twice as likely to be misdiagnosed compared with advantaged groups.
The prejudice was seen across racial and ethnic groups, and participants' most common reason for being discriminated against was their mental illness.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Naltrexone-Assisted Detox vs Buprenorphine Taper for Opioid Dependence
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention: Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- Pediatric Patients Should Undergo Electrocardiogram Assessment Before Antipsychotic Treatment
- Which Antidepressants May Cause Birth Defects?
- Best Practices for Treatment of Bipolar Disorder