Generic Name and Formulations:
Betamethasone, augmented (as dipropionate) 0.05%; oint; lotion.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for DIPROLENE:
≥13yrs: apply thin film 1–2 times daily; max 50g/week. Lotion: apply a few drops 1–2 times daily; max 50mL/week; max 2 consecutive weeks' treatment per course. Discontinue when control is achieved. Do not occlude.
<13yrs: not recommended.
Avoid use near eyes, on face, groin, or axillae. Do not use for diaper dermatitis or on pre-existing skin atrophy. Risk of HPA axis suppression with high-potency steroids, prolonged use, application to large surface area, use of occlusive dressings, altered skin barrier, liver failure, young age; discontinue gradually, or reduce dose or potency if occurs. Increased risk of posterior subcapsular cataracts and glaucoma; monitor for visual symptoms. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Erythema, folliculitis, pruritus, vesiculation; contact dermatitis (discontinue if irritation occurs), HPA axis suppression (esp. in children); rare: Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia. Also for AF crm: stinging, skin atrophy, telangiectasia, bruising, shininess.
Oint, AF crm—15g, 50g; Lotion—30mL, 60mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age