DIPHTHERIA AND TETANUS TOXOIDS ADSORBED (for PEDIATRIC USE) Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids; aluminum adsorbed; susp for IM inj; multi-dose vial preserved with thimerosal, single-dose vials contain trace amounts of thimerosal.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for DIPHTHERIA AND TETANUS TOXOIDS ADSORBED (for PEDIATRIC USE):
Tetanus and diphtheria immunization in patients 6 weeks to 7yrs of age when pertussis vaccine cannot be used.
<6wks and ≥7yrs: not recommended. Give IM in anterolateral thigh or deltoid. 6wks–1yr: three 0.5mL doses 4–8 weeks apart, then 4th dose 6–12 months after third dose. 1–6yrs (up to 7yrs): two 0.5mL doses 4–8 weeks apart, then 3rd dose 6–12 months after the second dose (if >7yrs, use Td vaccine). Booster dose: see literature.
History of systemic allergic or neurologic reactions to a previous dose of DT.
Defer in moderate or severe active respiratory or other febrile infection (may vaccinate if mild or minor illness) or during polio outbreak. Bleeding disorders. Immunosuppressed. Have epinephrine (1:1000) available.
May get suboptimal response with immunosuppressants (eg, chemotherapy, high dose corticosteroids ≥2 weeks, radiation); consider deferring.
Local reactions (eg, erythema, edema), malaise, fever, hypotension, arthralgia, nausea; rare: neurologic disorders.
Multi-dose vial (5mL)—1
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?