Generic Name and Formulations:
Olsalazine sodium 250mg; caps.
Indications for DIPENTUM:
Maintenance of remission in ulcerative colitis in patients intolerant of sulfasalazine.
500mg twice a day with meals.
Monitor urinalysis, BUN, creatinine levels. If diarrhea occurs, monitor serum electrolytes, dehydration status. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Increased prothrombin time with warfarin.
Diarrhea, abdominal pain, rash, pruritus, exacerbation of symptoms of colitis thought to be caused by mesalamine or sulfasalazine.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?