Most Recent Articles by Dinko Kranjac, PhD, Medical Editor
Greater age-related decreases in volume of the putamen were observed in participants diagnosed with major depressive disorder compared with those of healthy controls.
Autism is a heritable neurodevelopmental disorder that is approximately 4 times more prevalent in males than females.
The Effect of Cognitive Remediation Training on Functional Connectivity and Social Cognition in SchizophreniaOct 13, 2016
Study provides further evidence for the effects of cognitive enhancement intervention on brain functional connectivity and cognitive performance in patients with schizophrenia.
Individuals suffering from depression, as well as persons diagnosed with temporal lobe epilepsy, present with dysfunction across several cognitive domains.
Cigarette smoking prevalence among persons with severe mental illness is approximately 3 times greater than the rate observed in the general population.
More Articles by Dinko Kranjac, PhD, Medical Editor
Brain-derived Neurotrophic Factor and its Precursor proBDNF as Diagnostic Biomarkers for Mood DisordersSep 12,2016
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Effectiveness of Exercise in Decreasing Depressive Symptoms
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Associated With Decreased Educational Attainment
- Neuroactive Steroids May Be Therapeutic Targets for Depression and Anxiety
- Antidepressant Effectiveness for Depression in Schizophrenia
- Dementia Risk Not Associated With Proton Pump Inhibitor Use
- Nutritional Psychiatry: Emerging Evidence and Expert Interview
- Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder May Represent the Same Disorder
- FDA Approval: Once-Monthly Buprenorphine Injection for Opioid Use Disorder
- Posttreatment Brain Effects of Psilocybin in Patients With Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Borderline Personality Disorder: Not Just an Adult Condition
- Psychosis Treatment Failure More Common in Patients With ASD
- Psychiatric Risk for Female Offspring of World War II Finnish Evacuees
- Making a Decision: Using Conscious vs Unconscious Thinking to Solve the Problem
- Adult ADHD May Negatively Affect Fibromyalgia-Related Morbidity
- Depression Screening Tools Accurate in Post-Acute Coronary Syndrome