Most Recent Articles by Dinko Kranjac, PhD, Medical Editor
Greater age-related decreases in volume of the putamen were observed in participants diagnosed with major depressive disorder compared with those of healthy controls.
Autism is a heritable neurodevelopmental disorder that is approximately 4 times more prevalent in males than females.
The Effect of Cognitive Remediation Training on Functional Connectivity and Social Cognition in SchizophreniaOct 13, 2016
Study provides further evidence for the effects of cognitive enhancement intervention on brain functional connectivity and cognitive performance in patients with schizophrenia.
Individuals suffering from depression, as well as persons diagnosed with temporal lobe epilepsy, present with dysfunction across several cognitive domains.
Cigarette smoking prevalence among persons with severe mental illness is approximately 3 times greater than the rate observed in the general population.
More Articles by Dinko Kranjac, PhD, Medical Editor
Brain-derived Neurotrophic Factor and its Precursor proBDNF as Diagnostic Biomarkers for Mood DisordersSep 12,2016
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- FOSTA-SESTA Threatens Sex Worker Livelihoods: What Mental Health Providers Should Know
- Psychotic Experiences Associated With Increased Risk for Eating Disorders in Adolescents
- Younger Gestational Age Associated With Symptoms of ADHD in Children
- Strong Social Networks May Mitigate the Effects of Childhood Adversity
- Suicidal Behavior More Likely in Depression, Bipolar Disorder With Mixed Features
- Medical Clearance of Psych Patients in the ED: Consensus Recommendations
- From Abused Child to Serial Killer: Investigating Nature vs Nurture in Methods of Murder
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Effective in Reducing Suicide Attempts, Self-Harm in Adolescents
- Novel Parent-Child Interaction Therapy Targets Preschool-Aged Depression
- Early Treatment for Depression in Bereaved Youth Improves Future Psychiatric Health
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Symptoms Reduced With Virtual Reality Therapy
- Wellness Vacations Bring a Healthy Lifestyle to the Forefront of Travel
- The Harmful Application of HIPAA: How to Protect Privacy and Patient Care
- Gender Bias in Medicine Has Far-Reaching Consequences