Generic Name and Formulations:
Isosorbide dinitrate 40mg; sust-rel caps.
- Innovations in Digital Medicine: Effects on Rural, Low-Income Communities
- Supplemental CBT Plus Antidepressant Therapy Benefits Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Associated Mental Health Treatment in Veterans
Indications for DILATRATE-SR:
Prophylaxis and treatment of angina. Not for acute attacks.
See full labeling. Allow at least an 18-hour interval daily between doses to avoid development of tolerance. Max 160mg/day.
Concomitant PDE inhibitors (eg, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil, avanafil) or riociguat.
Recent MI. CHF. Volume depletion. Hypotension. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Monitor standing blood pressure when increasing doses. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypotension potentiated with alcohol, other vasodilators.
Headache, transient lightheadedness, orthostatic hypotension; rare: syncope, angina, rebound hypertension.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders