Generic Name and Formulations:
Digoxin Immune Fab (ovine) 40mg/vial; IV inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for DIGIFAB:
Digoxin toxicity or overdose.
Adults and Children:
See literature. Dose based on amount of digoxin or digitoxin to be neutralized. Contents of 1 vial neutralizes 0.5mg digoxin.
Previous allergies to antibiotics, sheep antibodies, papain or papaya extracts. Monitor potassium, renal, and cardiac function. Postpone redigitalization until Fab fragments cleared. Interferes with digitalis immunoassays. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Symptoms of digoxin withdrawal. Hypokalemia.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Sleep Apnea Implant Device Receives FDA Approval
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy