DIFLUCAN 150mg Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fluconazole 150mg; tabs.
Indications for DIFLUCAN 150mg:
150mg orally once.
Concomitant terfenadine at multiple doses of fluconazole ≥400mg. Concomitant drugs known to prolong the QT interval and metabolized by CYP3A4 (eg, cisapride, astemizole, erythromycin, pimozide, quinidine).
Proarrhythmic conditions. Renal or hepatic impairment. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Risk of cardiotoxicity with erythromycin; avoid. Avoid concomitant voriconazole; if needed, monitor closely esp. when given within 24hrs after fluconazole. Potentiates warfarin, oral hypoglycemics, oral midazolam, tofacitinib, alfentanil, amitriptyline, nortriptyline, calcium channel blockers, losartan, saquinavir; adjust dose as necessary. May increase serum levels of phenytoin, theophylline, halofantrine, rifabutin, tacrolimus, sirolimus, vinca alkaloids, triazolam, methadone, NSAIDs, cyclosporine, zidovudine, sulfonylureas, carbamazepine. Concomitant celecoxib: reduce celecoxib dose by half. Thiazides increase fluconazole levels. Monitor levels and/or effects of cyclosporine, phenytoin, sulfonylureas, rifabutin, tacrolimus, theophylline, warfarin, prednisone. Increased risk of myopathy/rhabdomyolysis with concomitant HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors; closely monitor. Cimetidine (oral), rifampin may decrease fluconazole levels. Oral contraceptives: see full labeling. Avoid other hepatotoxic drugs. Caution with other drugs metabolized by CYP2C9 and CYP3A4 with a narrow therapeutic window.
Nausea, headache, rash, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, dizziness, seizures; hepatotoxicity; rare: exfoliative dermatitis, QT prolongation, Torsade de pointes.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder