Generic Name and Formulations:
Dicloxacillin sodium 250mg, 500mg; caps.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Dicloxacillin :
Susceptible infections caused by penicillinase-producing staphylococci. Not for initial therapy in serious, life-threatening infections.
Take on an empty stomach. ≥40kg: Mild to moderate infections: 125mg every 6hrs. Severe infections: 250mg every 6hrs.
Take on an empty stomach. <40kg: Mild to moderate infections: 12.5mg/kg/day in divided doses every 6hrs. Severe: 25mg/kg/day in divided doses every 6hrs.
Signficant allergy/asthma. Monitor blood, renal, and hepatic function in long-term use. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant tetracyclines, aminoglycosides. Serum levels increased by probenecid. May reduce anticoagulant response: monitor PT.
GI upset, hypersensitivity reactions, neurotoxic reactions, blood dyscrasias; C. difficile associated diarrhea.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder