Generic Name and Formulations:
Doxylamine succinate 10mg, pyridoxine HCl 10mg; delayed-release tablets.
Duchesnay USA, Inc.
Indications for DICLEGIS:
Treatment of nausea and vomiting of pregnancy (NVP) in women who do not respond to conservative management. Limitations of use: has not been studied in women with hyperemesis gravidarum.
Swallow whole. Take on empty stomach with water. Day 1: initially 2 tabs at bedtime; continue same dose next day if symptoms adequately controlled. If symptoms persist into afternoon of Day 2, take usual dose of 2 tabs at bedtime that night, and then starting on Day 3 take 3 tabs (1 tablet in AM and 2 tabs at bedtime); continue if symptoms adequately controlled. If symptoms persist, starting on Day 4 take 4 tabs (1 tab in the AM, 1 tab mid-afternoon, and 2 tabs at bedtime). Max 4 tabs daily.
<18yrs: not established.
Concomitant MAOIs; may prolong and intensify anticholinergic effects.
Asthma. Increased intraocular pressure. Narrow angle glaucoma. Stenosing peptic ulcer. Pyloroduodenal obstruction. Urinary bladder-neck obstruction. Reassess for continued need of treatment as pregnancy progresses. Pregnancy (Cat.A). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Concomitant alcohol, other CNS depressants (eg, hypnotic sedatives, tranquilizers): not recommended. Concomitant food may delay onset of action and reduce absorption.
Antihistamine + Vit. B6 analog.
Somnolence, severe drowsiness, falls, other accidents.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder