Generic Name and Formulations:
Doxylamine succinate 10mg, pyridoxine HCl 10mg; del-rel tabs.
Duchesnay USA, Inc.
Indications for DICLEGIS:
Nausea and vomiting of pregnancy in women who do not respond to conservative management.
Limitations Of use:
Not studied in women with hyperemesis gravidarum.
Swallow whole. Take on empty stomach with water. ≥18yrs: Day 1: initially 2 tabs at bedtime; continue same dose next day if symptoms adequately controlled. If symptoms persist into afternoon of Day 2, take usual dose of 2 tabs at bedtime that night, and then starting on Day 3 take 3 tabs (1 tablet in AM and 2 tabs at bedtime); continue if symptoms adequately controlled. If symptoms persist, starting on Day 4 take 4 tabs (1 tab in the AM, 1 tab mid-afternoon, and 2 tabs at bedtime). Max 4 tabs daily.
<18yrs: not established.
Concomitant MAOIs; may prolong and intensify anticholinergic effects.
Asthma. Increased intraocular pressure. Narrow angle glaucoma. Stenosing peptic ulcer. Pyloroduodenal obstruction. Urinary bladder-neck obstruction. Reevaluate as pregnancy progresses. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antihistamine + Vit. B6 analog.
See Contraindications. Concomitant alcohol, other CNS depressants (eg, hypnotic sedatives, tranquilizers): not recommended. Concomitant food may delay onset of action and reduce absorption. May cause false (+) urine test for methadone, opiates, PCP.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses