DIAMOX SEQUELS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetazolamide 500mg; sust rel caps.
Indications for DIAMOX SEQUELS:
Adjunct in open-angle glaucoma.
500mg twice daily.
Hypokalemia. Hyponatremia. Severe renal, hepatic, or adrenocortical impairment. Hyperchloremic acidosis. Cirrhosis. Chronic noncongestive angle-closure glaucoma. Sulfonamide allergy.
Respiratory impairment. Renal calcium calculi. Diabetes. Gout. Test blood periodically in chronic use. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May inhibit renal excretion of basic drugs and promote excretion of acidic drugs. May increase salicylate toxicity (acidosis). Hypokalemia with corticosteroids, potassium wasting diuretics.
Carbonic anhydrase inhibitor.
Anorexia, drowsiness, confusion, malaise, depression, GI distress, paresthesias, tinnitus, acidosis, initial hypokalemia, hyperuricemia, transient myopia; renal calculi, nephrotoxicity, hepatic dysfunction, blood dyscrasias, rash, fever, photosensitivity (rare).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders