DETROL LA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tolterodine tartrate 2mg, 4mg; ext-rel caps.
Indications for DETROL LA:
Overactive bladder with symptoms of urinary frequency, urgency, or urge incontinence.
Swallow whole. 4mg once daily; may decrease to 2mg once daily. Concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, clarithromycin, ritonavir), or severe renal or mild to moderate hepatic dysfunction: 2mg once daily. Severe hepatic impairment, CrCl<10mL/min: not recommended.
Urinary or gastric retention. Uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma. Fesoterodine fumarate allergy.
Bladder outflow obstruction. GI obstruction (eg, pyloric stenosis). Decreased GI motility. Discontinue if angioedema occurs. Monitor for anticholinergic CNS effects (esp. when starting treatment and after dose increases). Narrow-angle glaucoma. Myasthenia gravis. History of QT prolongation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Plasma levels increased by CYP3A4 inhibitors (see Adult dose). Caution with Class IA (eg, quinidine, procainamide) or Class III (eg, amiodarone, sotalol) antiarrhythmics. Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics.
Dry mouth/eyes, dyspepsia, fatigue, dizziness, somnolence, sinusitis, abnormal vision, anxiety, dysuria, other anticholinergic effects, anaphylaxis, angioedema.
Hepatic (CYP2D6, 3A4).
Renal (primarily), fecal.
LA—30, 90, 500; Tabs—60, 500
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders