DERMOTIC OIL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fluocinolone acetonide 0.01%; otic drops; contains peanut oil.
Hill Dermaceuticals, Inc
Indications for DERMOTIC OIL:
Chronic eczematous external otitis.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: 5 drops in affected ear twice daily for 7–14 days.
Discontinue if hypersensitivity reactions occur. Avoid eyes. Reevaluate if no improvement within 2 weeks. Pregnancy (Cat.C): not recommended. Nursing mothers.
Local irritation, allergic contact dermatitis, superinfection.
Oil—20mL (dropper bottle)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder