DERMOTIC OIL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fluocinolone acetonide 0.01%; otic drops; contains peanut oil.
Hill Dermaceuticals, Inc
Indications for DERMOTIC OIL:
Chronic eczematous external otitis.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: 5 drops in affected ear twice daily for 7–14 days.
Discontinue if hypersensitivity reactions occur. Avoid eyes. Reevaluate if no improvement within 2 weeks. Pregnancy (Cat.C): not recommended. Nursing mothers.
Local irritation, allergic contact dermatitis, superinfection.
Oil—20mL (dropper bottle)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children