The researchers examined depression, anxiety, alexithymia, obesity, and midnight salivary cortisol in type 1 vs type 2 diabetes.
Accurate estimates of veterans' mental health service utilization is important for providing high-quality health care.
Early adherence is an especially problematic, significant and modifiable barrier to quality care for depression.
Smartphone interventions have a positive effect on depressive symptoms.
Antidepressant prescription within 6 months of dementia diagnosis was associated with a significant increase in risk of mortality.
Antidepressant use during pregnancy may be linked to psychiatric disorders in offspring.
Patients with MDD with or without sexual dysfunction were evaluated 2 months in remission and assessed with the Arizona Sexual Experience Scale.
For patients with bipolar disorder and major depressive disorder, reduction in dose of antipsychotic medication could lead to an increased rate of hospitalization.
Researchers from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center have discovered the cellular receptor that causes weight gain from antipsychotic drugs.
The strongest predictor of death is post-CAD depression; the link persisted in those with no prior depression.
Prior research has found a higher prevalence of depression before and after an epilepsy diagnosis.
Antidepressant switching may not be the best way to aid depression patients with no response to the first antidepressant taken.
Atopic dermatitis is associated with depression, anxiety, and suicidal ideation.
Identifying signs early on might help protect these individuals, researchers say.
Men, including male physicians, are less likely than female physicians to seek medical treatment for their own health conditions.
Clinicians should be better trained about the importance and roles of depression screening to improve patient care.
Psychological distress is linked to the risk of coronary events and mortality.
High levels of anxiety and depression in patients with facial acne are not related to oxidative stress.
Youth with anxiety and depression benefited from a brief behavioral intervention delivered in a primary care setting.
Antidepressant treatment in combination with DMARDs and biologics led to the best positive dynamics of mental disorder frequency.
Depression severity was inversely associated, prospectively, with body mass index (BMI), fat mass index, and lean BMI z scores.
Depressive symptoms in patients with rheumatoid arthritis can be reduced by using sirukumab.
Depressive symptoms likely do not increase the risk of dementia.
The patient's lack of anxiety, depression, or psychosis before surgery was taken into consideration prior to DBS treatment.
Depression affects about one-third of hospital patients and could slow their recovery.
Depressed patients with diagnoses that ultimately converted to bipolar disorder had been diagnosed with depression earlier.
Starting benzodiazepines simultaneously with antidepressants does not seem to influence antidepressant adherence.
Ketamine does not appear to offer any benefits to patients who receive electroconvulsive therapy.
Couples are at high risk for affective concordance, particularly with depression and anxiety.
Enlarged self-perceived areas of pain may be perceived as poorer health status by patients, making the emotional burden worse.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Sleep Apnea Implant Device Receives FDA Approval
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy