Meditation techniques have an ever-growing evidence base to support their use and have become increasingly accepted in Western medicine as helpful adjuncts to other therapies.
FDA Approval of Medication With a Digital Monitoring System: Major Breakthrough or "Brave New World"?
Abilify MyCite adds a digital sensor to the medication aripiprazole. The sensor, an ingestible event marker, is activated by contact with stomach acids and transmits a signal to a skin patch the patient wears, which then transmits to an app.
People with migraines and comorbid mood disorders often need treatments that address both conditions, as well as management of sleep, stress, and lifestyle issues.
Experts provide practical tips to aid in the often-challenging process of incorporating pharmacogenetic testing into clinical practice.
Rheuatology Advisor speaks with a psychologist about addressing mental health in patients with inflammatory arthritis.
Researchers conducted a double-blind crossover study in adults with treatment-resistant depression to determine the involvement of the opioid system in ketamine's antidepressant effects.
Researchers working with a population of veterans found that the healthcare utilization costs of telehealth services were significantly cheaper compared with in-person visits, with only a relatively small difference in quality of life.
These findings suggest an increased risk for postpartum depressive symptoms in mothers with gestational diabetes, independent of depressive symptomatology during pregnancy.
This research suggests that combination therapy not only produces greater proportional response in depression symptoms but that it is also effective in a broader range of individuals.
Use of serotonin reuptake inhibitors for maternal depression may increase the risk for low birth weight in children.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses