People with migraines and comorbid mood disorders often need treatments that address both conditions, as well as management of sleep, stress, and lifestyle issues.
Experts provide practical tips to aid in the often-challenging process of incorporating pharmacogenetic testing into clinical practice.
Rheuatology Advisor speaks with a psychologist about addressing mental health in patients with inflammatory arthritis.
Neuropathic pain has been linked with negative outcomes including psychological distress.
Variability in definitions of "anxious depression" in research impedes the ability to make clear comparisons.
Research has suggested a number of possible relationships with lipophilic statins, including a protective phenomenon against depression and higher risk for dementia, although these associations remain controversial.Research has suggested a number of possible relationships with lipophilic statins, including a protective phenomenon against depression and higher risk for dementia, although these associations remain controversial.
On the basis of these findings, researchers recommended that "[f]atigue should be evaluated whenever there is clinical suspicion of overlap syndrome."
Children in the waiting list group exhibited significantly worse impairments on the Preschool Feelings Checklist at the study's end, but children who completed the therapy showed improvements in emotion regulation and guilt processing.
These results demonstrate the importance of midlife fitness to prevent depression and subsequent CVD mortality in older age.
This research provides further support to compelling data linking inflammation and depression.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Distinct Characteristics in Children at Risk for Schizophrenia vs Bipolar Disorder
- Nonstimulants May Be an Appropriate Alternative to Stimulants for Treating ADHD
- Psychotic Experiences Associated With Increased Risk for Eating Disorders in Adolescents
- Novel Parent-Child Interaction Therapy Targets Preschool-Aged Depression
- Remission of Treatment-Resistant Depression in Veterans Depends on Close Clinical Observation
- Medical Clearance of Psych Patients in the ED: Consensus Recommendations
- From Abused Child to Serial Killer: Investigating Nature vs Nurture in Methods of Murder
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Effective in Reducing Suicide Attempts, Self-Harm in Adolescents
- Should Physicians Treat Family and Friends? Three Experts Weigh In
- When Physicians Become Patients: Challenges in Seeking Health Care
- Long-Acting Injectables Effective in Patients With Comorbid Psychosis, Substance Use Disorder
- Strong Social Networks May Mitigate the Effects of Childhood Adversity
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Improves Global Cognition in Bipolar Disorder
- FOSTA-SESTA Threatens Sex Worker Livelihoods: What Mental Health Providers Should Know