Ketamine can provide acute benefits for treatment-resistant depression, bipolar depression, and major depressive disorder with suicidal ideation.
CBT is effective in patients with bipolar disorder in decreasing the relapse rate and improving symptoms of depression and mania severity.
Therapeutic response to antidepressants is highly variable, which may be partially due to associated side effects.
Methods to prevent depression could help reduce the disease burden for both affected persons and society.
The researchers proposed integrating mental health screening and treatment into pediatric cardiology care.
Dose escalation may be a proxy for loss of control or undetected abuse known to be associated with depression.
Many dialysis patients also do not wish to receive aggressive treatment for their depression.
Anything that has the potential to disturb the serotonin signaling process has the potential to result in a wide variety of malformations.
There is no evidence that protecting women's mental health concerns should restrict abortion access.
Psychological factors drive expectations of poor outcomes following total knee arthroplasty.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Early Detection Markers of Alzheimer's Disease Possibly Identified
- Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation Inferior to Escitalopram
- Illicit Cannabis Use Among Adults Up Due to Medical Marijuana Laws
- Memory Training Opportunities Exist for Patients With Schizophrenia
- APA: Medical Discrimination Based on Size Psychologically, Physically Harms Patients
- Criteria For Identification of Smartphone Addiction
- Bipolar Disorder: Childhood Trauma Modulates Impact on Amygdala, Hippocampus
- Psychiatric Evaluations: Questions on Suicide Need to Be Rephrased
- Subsequent Suicide Attempts May Be Reduced by Emergency Department Interventions
- Advice for Parents Whose Child Is Seeking Mental Health Treatment
- Prescription Opioid Misuse Remains a Persistent Problem
- Revised Treatment Guidelines for Pediatric Acute Onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome
- Long-term Response to Prophylactic Mood Stabilizers in Bipolar Disorder
- Medically Supervised Withdrawal, an Option for Pregnant Women Addicted to Opioids
- Navigating the Thin Line Between Identification & Intimacy With Patients