Depressive Disorder Headlines
Alcohol use disorder and depression were both associated with higher disengagement from antiretroviral therapy for patients with HIV.
The issue of whether and how prenatal SSRI exposure affects offspring has remained murky.
The independent association between anhedonia and suicidal ideation may improve detection of suicide risks and encourage new suicide depression strategies.
Fair to poor concordance was seen between dermatologist assessment and patient self-reporting.
In patients with major depressive disorder, moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea is common.
Many factors may be associated with the development of postpartum depression such as gestational age, BMI, Apgar scores, mode of delivery, and exposure to anesthesia.
In patients diagnosed with sarcoma, poor QoL, depression, and anxiety are common.
Depressive Symptoms Decreased When Using Treatment Methods Increasing Resilience for Hidradenitis Suppurativa
In managing and treating HS, the methods that increase resilience may help decrease depressive symptoms.
Variability in definitions of "anxious depression" in research impedes the ability to make clear comparisons.
These findings show that electroconvulsive therapy is a medically appropriate choice for elderly adults with depression and is likely to produce sustained improvement.
Single-question self-assessment is not a sufficient marker of identifying depression in people with IBD.
Treatment with biologic agents in psoriasis may reduce risk for depressive symptoms.
The relationship between selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitor use and outcomes after ischemic stroke was examined.
Cognitive behavioral therapy combined with antidepressant medication modestly improves psychosocial outcomes.
Antidepressants may effectively treat depression in patients with comorbid schizophrenia.
Lifestyle factors including exercise may be a strategic target to decrease symptoms of depression.
Researchers found a positive association between paternal and adolescent depressive symptoms.
Women at both ends of the weight spectrum have low serum allopregnanolone which can be linked to severe depression and anxiety.
Adolescents with depression do not have more densely connected networks.
Fluvoxamine was effective for the treatment of depression in patients with neurological disorders and depression.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Amisulpride May Be Most Effective Antipsychotic for Negative Symptoms in Schizophrenia
- Frustrations With Prior Authorization: A Thorn in the Side of Clinicians
- Efficacy of Drugs for Psychosis, Relapse Prevention for Bipolar Depression, Mania
- No Evidence of Cognitive Impairment With Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate in ADHD
- Plasma Autoantibodies Possible Biomarker for Schizophrenia
- Substance-Induced Psychosis Associated With Development of Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder
- Neuropsychiatric Events May Be Linked to Nitrated Nucleosome Levels in Lupus
- New APA Guideline Recommendation for Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Reducing PTSD Symptoms: Propranolol Before Reactivation Therapy
- Cannabis Use Associated With Subsequent Psychotic Experiences in Adolescents
- Cognitive Enhancement Therapy Beneficial for Neurocognitive Function in Autism
- The Crisis of Physician Suicides: Past and Present
- Affective Temperaments in Bipolar Have a Significant Impact on Functional, Clinical Outcomes of Mania
- Ketamine: A Promising Agent for Managing Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Patterns of Healthcare Use Before Diagnosis of Psychotic Disorders in Young Adults