Generic Name and Formulations:
Cytarabine 50mg/vial; liposomal suspension for intrathecal administration; preservative-free.
Leadiant Biosciences, Inc.
Indications for DEPOCYT:
Intrathecal treatment of lymphomatous meningitis.
See full labeling. Give intrathecally over 1–5 minutes. Administer dexamethasone 4mg twice daily for 5 days with each cycle of treatment. Induction: 50mg every 14 days for 2 doses (weeks 1 and 3). Consolidation: 50mg every 14 days for 3 doses (weeks 5, 7 and 9) followed by 1 additional dose at week 13. Maintenance: 50mg every 28 days for 4 doses (weeks 17, 21, 25 and 29). Reduce dose to 25mg if neurotoxicity develops and discontinue if it persists.
Active meningeal infection.
Chemical arachnoiditis; reduce symptoms with dexamethasone. Previous irradiation, cytotoxic chemotherapy. Monitor blood counts and for development of neurotoxicity. Renal and hepatic impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid use. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased risk of neurotoxicity with concomitant cranial/spinal irradiation or other intrathecal antineoplastics.
See full labeling. Arachnoiditis, GI upset, headache, fever, neurological toxicity (myelopathy), hydrocephalus, elevated CSF protein and WBC, weakness, back pain, insomnia, blurred vision, anaphylactic reactions; others.
Single-use vials (5mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses