Generic Name and Formulations:
Cytarabine 50mg/vial; liposomal suspension for intrathecal administration; preservative-free.
Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for DEPOCYT:
Intrathecal treatment of lymphomatous meningitis.
See literature. Give intrathecally over 1–5 minutes. Administer dexamethasone 4mg twice daily for 5 days with each cycle of treatment. Induction: 50mg every 14 days for 2 doses (weeks 1 and 3). Consolidation: 50mg every 14 days for 3 doses (weeks 5, 7 and 9) followed by 1 additional dose at week 13. Maintenance: 50mg every 28 days for 4 doses (weeks 17, 21, 25 and 29). Reduce dose to 25mg if neurotoxicity develops and discontinue if it persists.
Active meningeal infection.
Chemical arachnoiditis; reduce symptoms with dexamethasone. Previous irradiation, cytotoxic chemotherapy. Monitor blood counts and for development of neurotoxicity. Renal and hepatic impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid use. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased risk of neurotoxicity with concomitant cranial/spinal irradiation or other intrathecal antineoplastics.
See literature. Arachnoiditis, GI upset, headache, fever, neurological toxicity (myelopathy), hydrocephalus, elevated CSF protein and WBC, weakness, back pain, insomnia, blurred vision, anaphylactic reactions; others.
Single-use vials (5mL)—1
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder