Generic Name and Formulations:
Penciclovir 1%; crm.
Indications for DENAVIR:
Recurrent Herpes labialis (cold sores) on the lips and face.
Apply every 2 hrs while awake for 4 days. Begin treatment at earliest sign or symptom.
Do not use on mucous membranes or near eyes. Immunocompromised. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Headache, mild skin irritation.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- Ketamine in Electroconvulsive Therapy Accelerates Antidepressive Effects
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children