Dementia With Lewy Bodies
Dementia and Parkinson's disease lead to a shorter life expectancy.
Psychosis in AD is associated with the female-specific APOE4 gene and is comorbid with Lewy bodies.
MCI diagnosis was associated with comorbid neuropathologies more than with pure Alzheimer's Disease.
Someone whose hippocampus stayed the same size was nearly 6 times more likely to develop Lewy body dementia.
Adults with dementia were more likely to be admitted to the hospital and had a higher death rate after an ED visit.
Nilotinib (Tasigna) improved cognition and motor skills in patients with Parkinson's and Lewy body dementia.
Participants with severe dementia nearly three-fold more likely to receive pacemaker.
Asking caregivers a set of simple questions related to their patient's care can help determine gaps in treatment.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Childhood-Onset Bipolar Disorder Associated With Impaired Family Functioning
- Valproate Use in Women Who Could Become Pregnant: The Argument for Informed Consent
- Hospitalization Rates in Schizophrenia—Lurasidone vs Quetiapine
- Sertraline Effective for Treating Depression in Vascular Cognitive Impairment
- Ketamine-Induced Dissociative Symptoms Predict Antidepressant Response
- Video Games and Exercise as Alternative Therapies for ADHD
- How Parents Can Enhance Autism Treatment: Use of Intervention Strategies at Home
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Effective in Children With Autism
- Comorbid Autism Spectrum Disorder and OCD: Challenges in Diagnosis and Treatment
- The Cutting Edge of Schizophrenia Research: VR as Treatment for Psychosis
- Consensus Statement: Managing Bipolar Disorder During and After Pregnancy
- Verbal Memory Linked to Temporal Lobe Thickness in First-Degree Relatives of Those With Schizophrenia
- Associations Between Maternal Depression, Support, and Cognitive Development in Offspring
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Effects of the 2 Types of Anorexia Nervosa on Bone Metabolism