Understanding distinct patterns of comorbid substance use may be more relevant to prevention and treatment than focusing on one individual substance.
Only 12% of violent incidents committed by high-risk psychiatric patients were preceded by hallucinations and delusions.
JTC impacted working memory, verbal memory and cognitive processing speed both in people with schizophrenia and in healthy participants.
A gene deletion that leads to changes in brain chemistry which reduce the flow of information between two brain structures involved in processing auditory information.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Naltrexone-Assisted Detox vs Buprenorphine Taper for Opioid Dependence
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention: Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- Pediatric Patients Should Undergo Electrocardiogram Assessment Before Antipsychotic Treatment
- Which Antidepressants May Cause Birth Defects?
- Best Practices for Treatment of Bipolar Disorder