Understanding distinct patterns of comorbid substance use may be more relevant to prevention and treatment than focusing on one individual substance.
Only 12% of violent incidents committed by high-risk psychiatric patients were preceded by hallucinations and delusions.
JTC impacted working memory, verbal memory and cognitive processing speed both in people with schizophrenia and in healthy participants.
A gene deletion that leads to changes in brain chemistry which reduce the flow of information between two brain structures involved in processing auditory information.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Depression High Among Medical Students
- Evidence Against Palliative Care in Long-term Eating Disorders
- Low-Dose Dexmedetomidine Reduces Postoperative Delirium in Older Patients
- Better Cognition for Older Adults Who Nap After Lunch
- Alzheimer's Disease is a Significant Risk Factor for Major Hip Fracture
- First-Episode Schizophrenia Approaches Aided by Guidelines Instrument
- Hypertension Onset in Older Population May Protect Against Dementia
- Preschoolers With Depression Show Reduced Response to Rewards
- Lithium Side Effects for Bipolar Disorder Lead to Lower Prescription Rates
- Predictors of Favorable Outcomes in First-Episode Psychosis Without Medication