Generic Name and Formulations:
Dextranomer microspheres 50mg/mL viscous gel in stabilized hyaluronic acid 15mg/mL carrier gel; implant for submucosal inj.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for DEFLUX:
Vesicoureteral reflux (VUR) grades II–IV in children.
<1yr: not recommended. ≥1yr: see literature. Must use Deflux metal needle for administration. Inject submucosally in urinary bladder near the ureteral orifice.
Non-functional kidney. Hutch diverticulum. Ureterocele. Active voiding dysfunction. Ongoing UTI.
Do not inject intravascularly. Must be administered by qualified surgeon experienced in the use of cystoscope and trained in subureteric injection procedures. Use of >6mL (3mL at each ureteral orifice) at same treatment session: not recommended. Treatment of duplex systems has not been studied. Ureters with grossly dilated orifices. Infection and bleeding risks associated with cystoscopic procedure.
UTI, ureteral dilatation, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain.
Single-use syringe (1mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders